Monday, October 18, 2010

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Today was “Natural Fiber: Fashionable, Functional, Fun” at the Sauer/Beckmann Living History Farm. We’ve been getting ready for it for a couple of days. It turned out to be a lot of fun. Mark has gotten his costume and has really jumped into his role as a 1915 farmer in eastern Gillespie County.


Mark P. McClelland, PE (Professional Engineer), PF (Professional Farmer)

My day was spent in the store and visitor center but I did take some time to go down to the farm and take some pictures. At the farm there were several volunteers demonstrating crochet, knitting, sewing, quilting and other activities that would have been performed during that time.


There were several very old, beautiful quilts that were on display.


Knitting

I donated a few of my crocheted afghans that I happened to have in the RV to be used as exhibits.


"Tiger Butterfly"
One of my hand crocheted afghans.

Mark spent his day showing folks how to make rope.


Making rope.


Turning sisil twine into rope.

We had a great time! Volunteering is getting more fun every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment