Thursday, December 9, 2021

Gotta Love Free Shipping

When we moved into our house last year I was so excited to have a place for my yarn.  I thought I had a lot of yarn.  I was wrong! 

My first yarn barn.

With all the Black-Friday deals, I decided to order some new yarns. 

Even though we have a wonderful craft store near us, they don’t carry many different brands of yarn.

I have been crocheting afghans for Project Linus for 20 years. 

Project Linus is a non-profit organization that provides new handmade blankets to children in need.

This year I only donated 14 afghans. Most years I donate many more than that.  This was my reasoning to upgrade the yarn barn. 



Once I told Mark how much yarn I had ordered he immediately started calling around to find matching shelving for the yarn barn.  This wasn’t an easy tasks!  We ended up having to drive into San Antonio (1½ hours) for 2 boards and into Boerne (about an hour) for 2 boards.

The new shelving had to be cut-down a little.  Of course, Mark had to buy himself a new battery-powered saw to do the job properly.

The new shelving was quickly installed and I patiently waited for the UPS driver.



Finally, the big day arrived.


26 pounds of beautiful, colorful yarn.  And don't forget free shipping!

113 skeins of yarn.

I didn’t think I would have enough room even with my new shelving. 

I was wrong!

All new yarn.

Yarn I already had. 

I have room for more!


2 comments:

  1. Great new storage Teri. You deserve it.

    And Mark, your shelve project definitely deserves a new tool. My cabin projects brought many new tools for me too.

    Also, I recognize the tailgate “work bench”. Some habits die hard.😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find myself just going into the closet (yarn barn) just to gaze at all my yarn!
      The new shelves line up perfectly with the old shelves. He did a great job.
      Frankly, I don’t know why he didn’t buy himself some sawhorses when he bought the saw.

      Delete