Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Michigan - The bet, final thoughts, and souvenirs

(Teri) Even though this wasn’t an international trip, we decided to go ahead and make “the bet.”

Mark’s guess for the first bird seen once we got to our airbnb was a Canada Warbler, and mine was a Blackburnian Warbler. 

We ended up having to call a draw.  My bird was heard first but Mark’s bird was seen first.  Since we both won, we of course went to our (now) favorite Mexican food restaurant when we got home (Mamacitas).

Final thoughts:  This was a wonderful trip.  It was very nice to get out of the Texas heat. 

I think there will be many Airbnb’s in our future.  Originally, we had planned on pulling our travel trailer but with the expense of fuel, and the increased difficulty in finding available overnight RV spots, we decided to just fly and rent a car.  It turned out to be the right choice.

It was also a lot of fun to get in a factory tour.  I have really missed that part of our travels.

I was very happy to find a few magnets to add to my collection.



 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Your factory trips have made me look for them and add several to my 'to do' list. Glad you had a great time. I try to make the place we stay part of the experience - either a historic hotel or a cool airbnb. Now if we could just figure out how to ditch the suitcases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the factory tours and the quirky road side attractions. They are always fun to look for. It does take a little getting used to living out of a suitcase.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for taking us along with you. We had a nice time “virtually” in Michigan too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're enjoying your blog too. We certainly go different directions when it comes to travel don't we?

      Delete
  3. It looks like you had a great trip. Kurt & I grew up and lived in Michigan until 1988. Your blog reminded me how much to do there and how beautiful it is. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful. I'm sure we will make it back to this area again. I didn't know yall had lived in this area.

      Delete