Friday, April 27, 2012

New Bikes

We have been thinking of buying new bikes for quite a while.  The ones we have are over 20 years old and in pretty bad shape.  Out of 15 gears I could only use about 6!

We happened to go into a wonderful little mountain sports shop in Alamosa.  While trying on hiking boots and looking around we noticed that they had a very large selection of bikes.

The sales woman was very knowledgeable and found a bike that was my size (yall know I’m on the short side, right?) and spent quite a while getting everything adjusted just right for me.  I decided that I would not make a decision right then but to think about it a while. 

My, very nice, sales lady encouraged me to ‘take it for a spin in the parking lot.’  Yep, that’s all it took.  I wanted some extra things put on it like a different seat, and a wireless computer that keeps track of mileage, distance, etc.  We picked it up the next day. So, I’m the proud owner of a 2012 Specialized Myka HT Disc.


The next day, we went back to pick up my bike and, you guessed it, Mark found one that he liked.  He got the 2012 Specialized Hardrock Disc 29.  He also wanted some extra items so we waited around for his bike.


We were able to donate our old bikes to the boy scouts for a garage sale they will be having next month.

We’ve already found a few biking trails on the map and hope to try them out soon.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Oh My! I LOVE your bikes! We didn't have a tow vehicle for the first 5 years of our travels.... only our bicycles. But it became too dangerous riding at the places we went that we finally left them in storage a few years ago. I keep a fat tire bike at Aroostook NWR... will be happy to see it in June. Happy Riding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These new bikes are so smooth and easy to ride! I bet Aroostook NWR is a great place to have a bike.
    Teri

    ReplyDelete