Monday, May 21, 2012

Putting the cart before the horse.

Next Thursday we are scheduled to take the ATV (All Terrain Vehicle) and ROV (Recreational Offroad Vehicle) tests and certifications.  We’ve never been on ATV’s before and I’ve never even been close to one.  We have driven ROV’s (although I thought they were ATV’s also!).
The staff needed someone to drive a trailer to the BACA Refuge and check the three ATV’s to make sure they were running and to bring them back to the Monte Vista Refuge.
So, who do you think made the trip? Yep - we did!
It took most of the day to drive out to the refuge, air up tires, charge batteries, take a few practice runs around the refuge, and load the ATV’s up and get back. 


At least now I know I can drive an ATV and will get my certification on Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. Brave woman! Those things scare me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They scare me too! Mark kept telling me to go faster! He was zipping around all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carts before horses is the Fish and Wildlife service motto I think.

    ReplyDelete