Saturday, July 14, 2012

How Fast Does Grass Grow?

Pretty darn fast when the monsoon's start!
We’ve finally started getting rain here in the San Luis Valley.  Every evening the clouds start forming over the mountains, the winds start blowing hard, and we see lots of lightening.

Two nights ago we even had snow/hail/sleet on one of the mountains.  I thought Mark went out to take a picture but he went out with his binoculars - so, no photo of the white topped mountains.

There is a large area around the Monte Vista building complex that Mark mows and trims.  The first 2 1/2 months we were here he mowed twice.  Since the rains have started he will be mowing every week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking at that zero-turn mower... doesn't look like it has a roll bar either. (I say "either" because the one I use doesn't have one and someone commented on the safety issues....) Snow on the mountains already, eh? Here I am thinking 50 degrees at night is getting chilly.... but truth is... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No roll bar. I guess I never really noticed that before. The one that I used at LBJ State Park had a roll bar and it made it very difficult to use under trees.

    We are already looking forward to cooler weather and fall here. We'll see how long it takes...

    Mark

    ReplyDelete