By the time the refuge folks had decided on the text for the sign, we determined that it would be 18 feet wide! Yes, 18 feet. I figured out that we'd need to make 9 separate sign panels and fit them together.
These templates are different than the ones we'd been using, as they snap together and then have to be taped down. The letters are taller and wider, so much more plastic is removed in the process of making the sign.
|4" Letter Templates|
|Let it Snow!!|
|Regular Clean-up was Necessary|
We had just finished a complete cleaning and repainting of the HQ building (another blog), and still had the construction lift that the refuge had rented. We didn't want to try and assemble this sign off of ladders!
Another volunteer couple arrived in early August, and Maury had done a lot of work on the house painting project. He offered to assist with getting the sign up onto the building.
After finding the centerline of the sign, we started with the bottom, center panel and worked our way out, and then up.
|Headquarters Building, but No Sign|
|Mark and Maury Determining the Sign Location|
|First Panel Going On, Eight to Go...|
|Completing the Bottom Row of Sign|
|New Sign in Place|
|Mark, Teri & Maury|