Usually, when our volunteer assignment is finished, we are taken to lunch or given an appreciation party. And, we are given some nice parting gifts.
Imagine our surprise when Errin, the ranger we are working with, came by with a bag full of goodies at the very beginning of our stay!
This is an impressive list of stuff:
1. Tote bag. I love tote bags! I have lots of them. They are great for grocery shopping, hiding yarn (I mean stowing yarn), or just about anything.
2. Pocket knife. Always handy to have.
3. Squeeze-Generator flashlight. You squeeze a lever to charge it up. Lots of fun to play with.
4. 10’ tape measure. You never know when you need to measure something.
5. Small fanny pack. I still use them even if they are out of style.
6. Pedometer. This should be interesting.
7. 2 very nice leather bound note pads, with pens. I almost always have one in my purse and they really come in handy.
8. Volunteer pins. Every year (this is the 13th year) a pin is issued portraying an area or historical event in Idaho. We each got one of these.
9. Very large metal cup. Good for hot chocolate or soup.
10. Insulated travel mug. We don’t drink coffee so I’m not sure if we’ll use this. We’ll see if the any of the other volunteers want to trade. Travel mugs are usually very popular with coffee drinkers.
11. 4 bandanas/scarf’s. Birds of Prey, Trout, Fishing Lures, and Songbirds of North America. We might just lay these out on a table when we’re doing programs. Although, they would make really cute throw pillow covers.
We will also be getting an Idaho State Park Pass! This will get us into all the state parks for free and a discount if we decided to camp.
We’ve gotten our volunteer hats and name tags. Instead of t-shirts, we were given vests with an Idaho State Parks and Recreation patch on the front. I always like to get the free t-shirt but, good grief, we’ve got a closet full of them!
Lots of fun stuff we can really use.