Monday, October 14, 2019

Maine to Texas - Travel Day - Kentucky


We had a short drive to Two Rivers Campground in Carrollton, Kentucky.  We’re here for 2 nights.  This is a very nice park.

We called ahead to make sure we could get into our assigned spot before noon and were told to come on, the site was open.

Since we are retired, we haven’t had to drive in morning traffic in a long time.  It sure does slow down the drive!


We got to our site around 10:30, got set up and immediately headed out for a round of disc golf.

This is the #6 disc golf course in the WORLD.  It’s 24 holes.  Mark enjoyed playing it.

969 foot long hole!

Today's travel from Marengo, Ohio to Carrollton, Kentucky - 195 miles

Next time: We hit a home run with our next tour.

4 comments:

  1. So did they advertise the 6th ever disc golf course, and did they list numbers 1-5? I remember seeing on the wall in Illinois that a Ford dealer was the second oldest Ford dealer in the country but no one I talked to knew where the oldest was - lame!

    Given you are in Kentucky...I can guess where your next factory tour is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The course rankings come from a website that I utilize as we travel, Disc Golf Course Reviews. I'm sure there are others but this one seems to be the most recognized source. #1 is in Columbia, Missouri and #2 is in Talco, Texas. I've played them both and liked each more than this one...

      Delete
  2. 969 feet?! Well that is at least 10 throws for me right there. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my favorite kind of hole. I don't have a big arm, so it is just throw, throw, throw, throw for me... And then if I'm lucky, putt!

      Delete