Tuesday, July 28, 2020

I Won’t Be Doing That Again!

I have crocheted many blankets this year and decided to give my hands a rest.

I used up all my yarn stash except one measly partial skein of white.  That was a bad idea!

I quit crocheting for several weeks but sitting on the couch day after day after day after day . . . was getting to me.

Soooooo, what’s a girl to do?  Grab a bottle of hand sanitizer, make sure I have my mask and head for the local craft shop. 

In Kerrville we have the best craft shop in the world!  Hometown Crafts has a huge selection of yarn.  Sometimes I think my life goal is to buy every color of yarn there is.

We also have a brand new HobbyLobby.  I did go into it right after it opened last year.  But, frankly, it looks like every other HobbyLobby. White, sterile, with few helpful employees.

The ladies at Hometown Crafts are extremely nice and helpful.  Ask for anything in the store and they will lead you right to it.  I don’t know how they can remember where everything is in the whole store.

And, everybody says “Thank you for shopping with us”.

B O N U S - Tuesday is senior day - 10% off, even sale items.

So, I picked up a few skeins of yarn. 



Gotta keep myself happy.  And it certainly makes sitting on the couch a lot more fun!


6 comments:

  1. Looks like you are in for having lots of fun with that cache! Whoo hoo. Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already have yarn on my hook! I have lots of patterns!

      Delete
  2. I think the bright colors are part of what makes those blankets so comforting for the kids that get them. Also, I know what you mean about local merchants vs the chains. But I notice and appreciate any knowledgeable retail worker. Sounds corny, but it's inspirational when people take pride in their work, no matter what the work is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sad but I'm usually surprised when a worker is nice. I enjoy working with the bright colors. Makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors! I still have a few skeins of sock yarn, so can keep busy (if I want to). But Bill makes Ojo ... (eyes of god) ... ran out of yarn a few months ago. He ordered from Amazon.Mex (I think) and was able to get a box of assorted colors... and was able to make/finish a few projects. Right now a couple dozen of his "lovelies" are hanging at our "home pub"... a bar/restaurant not far from our house... but is only limited open... and masks... and foot bath... but anyway... we do what we can do, don't we? Just for you and Mark... a blue/black grassquit hit our window yesterday and died. I was heartbroken... first one I've ever seen... and... damn... I killed it. Well, my studio room was the reason it died. Anyway... have fun with all that yarn.... we can't go into Jalisco (the next State south) because of the virus, and the closest "big" stores don't have such things. One of these days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had to order yarn from Amazon one time. It was horribly expensive. 3X what it would have costs at Walmart. But, we were in the Florida Keys and there was no place in the Keys that had yarn.

      So sorry about your Blue-black Grassquit! Now you know what one looks like up close.

      I remember the pictures you had of your knitted socks. They were beautiful. I would love to see some pictures of Bills crafts.

      We would rather be traveling and volunteering but we’re making the best of our time at home.

      Delete