Mark has been hit hard with a cold and hasn't been able to go through the pictures from our vacation.
In the meantime, here are some interesting facts about Maine:
- Produces 90% of the country's toothpick supply.
- Has 6000 lakes and ponds.
- Has 5500 miles of coast line and about 2000 islands off the coast.
- Has 60 light houses.
- Has 542,629 acres of state and national parks.
- State Berry: Wild Blueberry
Maine has the largest wild blueberry crop in the nation, raising 99 percent of all wild blueberries in the US and is the single largest producer of any blueberries (wild or cultivated) in the US.
- State Bird: Black-capped Chickadee
- Almost 90% of all American lobster are trapped in Maine.
- Is the most sparsely populated state east of the Mississippi.
- Is where Chester Greenwood invented earmuffs in 1873.
- Has 41 persons per square mile.
Hopefully, Mark will soon be back to his old self and I'll have plenty of pictures to share from our fabulous vacation. Keep checking back!