We had a deer control hunt here last week, and helped with taking hunters out and bringing deer back. So that took up the middle of the week. On the last day of the hunt (Thursday) a big cold front blew in and iced the entire park up. The water is shut off at the house we're working on, so we've been holed up in the trailer since Thursday. The final straw is that we need two additional gallons of paint to finish, but the park has been placed on a spending freeze so we don't know when (or if) we'll get more paint.
However, we've made a lot of progress and thought we'd share more pictures.
Starting at the beginning, they got us 10 gallons of paint and we rounded up whatever brushes, rollers, etc. we could find. They had no masking tape at all, so Teri and I donated a roll that we had with us from a previous project and ended up buying two more just so we could do a decent job.
|Paint and Supplies|
|The Green Monster|
|Kitchen Cabinets - Removing Doors|
|Teri Taping and Masking|
|First Coat of Kilz|
|Working up High|
|Carpet Pulled Back for Painting|
We have found a significant difference between our Fish & Wildlife Service volunteer sites and the Texas State Parks. When FWS says they don't have money to spend, they still manage to buy everything they need for a project. Here at Enchanted Rock there is a lot more scrambling around to find older materials, mix paint from old cans (remember our deer blind project) and make do with (or without) whatever you can find. There may be a message in there somewhere...
Stay tuned for (hopefully) final pictures from a completed house.